Monday, September 3, 2012

Acting in Animation

The above was created in ToonBoom Studio and will have a textured paper background on it when completed. This is the plan, although that may changed later. In fact, there has been a lot of changes to this project where animation scenes have gotten to an animatic stage and the filmmakers have decided to turn them back into still images, like a slide show.

I'm good at finding a visual joke in a scene if one is needed. The above scene involves a lot of acting and requires the character to act as if he is trying to figure out what is going on with him. Its a very simple scene, but needed subtle acting in the eyes and head moves. Its very easy to bring up those hands and start flailing about on-every-single-word-that-he-says. Instead, I got the hands out of this scene to see if I could make this character continue to tell his story with just his upper body. I also added a lot of pauses which I hope helps the character seem as if he doesn't know what he is going to say next. Please let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment