Friday, July 17, 2009

The Door has been opened...


And then there was light! Thru millions of years of human history, man has always drawn out his thoughts onto some material like stone, clay, canvas, paper and today onto Blog. This is a Blog which might change the history of mankind and propel human kind into new thoughts of the dark future ahead. To rethink our values and to change the future, so that future societies will have a planet as good as we have it right now.


"What a bunch of catpoot, I thought I was gonna learn some animation stuff on this thang?"


Ok let's start at the beginning. Decades ago I had an idea for a short film and through out the years I have been debating which medium to create it in. At the time, 3D animation was just starting to be the next big thing and Traditional animation was wondering if these were its final years. Back and forth, tick tock: 3D or 2D, 2D or 3D, round and round we go.

My background is more 2D, using a pencil and paper is like a Chef preparing a new recipe with food. Its fun and I get enjoyment out of the process. I have had to learn the computer and in all the years of learning, I've discovered that it is really just another tool to work on to create with. However I find a lot of technical things that don't make the process enjoyable. I can't get excited by the process of creating particle effects. Sorry, its just me.

So, for me to do a 3D film by myself, I would have to go back to school and learn all the stuff that I don't enjoy. It take time to learn and longer if you don't like that stuff. And so, after years of debate inside my mind and working on the idea for this film, I've decided to go with 2D and add as much computer sprinkles as I can.

And so, to keep myself honest and on track, I thought I would keep a production journal with all the gorey boring details all in one place. I also tend to work better when I have a deadline and a hint of pressure. I hope to also add a few animation tid bits when I find them to keep this blog from becoming a tech manual. I also invite your comments, suggestions, credit card numbers, and anything else you want to send to make this Blog turn into its own TV show, Best Selling Book, Feature film, VideoGame or Celebrity Icon, that is if that is possible??

So enough talk, let's get this idea out of my head and into my computer. Are you ready? Let's Go!

Jimr

2 comments: